Reverse delegation problems

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Nov 7 00:13:43 UTC 2002

Stephen May wrote:

> I'm trying to submit an application for reverse delegation to RIPE, but the
> application fails.  I've been told by RIPE that our nameserver name is wrong
> in our local zone.  I've also been told that
> 62.32.32.26.96.145.62.in-addr.arpa should map to our nameserver, but I've no
> idea how I go about this.  We're using a Cobalt RaQ, and there doesn't seem
> to be any way of doing this through the web interface.  Can anyone give me
> any pointers?

It's not quite clear what you're trying to do here. Are you trying to get
RIPE to change the delegation of  96.145.62.in-addr.arpa to point directly to
your nameservers? If so, please post your named.conf and zonefile contents, so
we can have a chance of seeing what may be wrong with your configuration.

- Kevin