Error 1061

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Thu Nov 7 00:10:28 UTC 2002

At 07:21 AM 11/5/02, Per Holmqvist wrote:

> >> After restarted my Bind (4.7) when reloading the database we get the=
>  error
> >> 1061. ANyone that knows a FAQ that we can search for soloutions?
> >> Med v=3DE4nliga h=3DE4lsningar
> >bind 4.7 is an archeological artefact.=20
> >What OS is this ? What prevents you from using "Current" bind ?
>Win2K. We have several funktions that writes zonefiles and named.boot with
>fileSystemObject from ASP pages and have all settings in an SQL server.
>The current version have a total redesign on all pages which will give us
>huge extrawork.

All the indications are that you are running a BIND 4 server on a Windows
system.  BIND 4 is obsolete and if you must run BIND 4 you show be
running at least 4.9.9 for security reasons. An error 1061 indicates that
the system service was having problems starting and exited. This is
always due to a problem that named is having loading the config or
zone files.

>We did look for the opportunity to load direct from SQL, but we couldn't
>find any examples. Does that include the named.boot or do we need to
>manually update that file?

BIND 9 has support to do this.  Maybe now is the time to upgrade.

Danny