BIND 9.2.1 and TCP

zack.nash at amd.com zack.nash at amd.com
Thu Nov 7 00:08:42 UTC 2002

Hello,
	I have noticed that my BIND 9.2.1 servers are requesting that my DNS Clients use TCP rather than UDP to resolve hostnames, for all queries against this server.
	My understanding is that UDP is used unless the packet is too large then the server will request a TCP connection from the client.  I have seen this occur for queries of a single A record.  Is this behavior a bug or is this a new standard that is being implemented with the advent of BIND 9?
Thanks,
Zack