Doesn't listen on LAN 192.168.

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Wed Nov 6 15:15:40 UTC 2002

At 10:18 AM 11/4/02, James D Almand (Doug) wrote:

>Can you use the listen-on option in a conf file.
>I believe you have to have the 127 address so that the local host will
>respond.
>
>option {
>     listen-on {127.0.0.1; 192.168.0.5; };
>};
>
>jda

That's not the question and in any case the 127 address is for loopback
only. It doesn't affect the network interface.

The only other thing I can think of is that the LAN service may not be
ready when bind starts so that it doesn't see the interface initially. It
may be necessary to add a DependsOn key to the registry for the ISC BIND
service.

Danny