Strange firewall entries udp53

O'Neil,Kevin oneil at oclc.org
Tue Nov 5 23:16:02 UTC 2002

Simon...

"Benevolent ping used by SpeedEra.net to find closest cache for you."

Kevin Darcy was on the correct track.  See:

http://www.snort.org/snort-db/sid.html?id=3D480

I found it by doing a Google search "213.61.6.2".

This led me to http://www.laukas.com/snort/213/61/6/src213.61.6.2.html =
then
to=20
http://www.laukas.com/snort/sig/sigsid-480.html and then to the link =
above.

Almost all the IP addresses in your log are in the list there.

...Kevin O'Neil