DNS blocklist in BIND?

Eivind Olsen eivind at aminor.no
Mon Nov 4 17:05:16 UTC 2002

--On 3. november 2002 23:09 -0800 "chot at home.se" <chot at home.se> wrote:
> This was exakly what i was looking for...
> Thanks!!
> These A records in the dnsbl zon... Can i enter reversed
> names as well? In some cases i might want to enter a
> domain name intead of the ip..

Yes and no. Of course you can enter reversed names, but your
mailserver-software will most likely not know how to make use of them. As
far as I know, mailserver-software that can use DNS-based blacklists only
care about the IP-addresses (of course there is always the possibility that
some mailserver-software does things that I haven't heard about. :)

--
Eivind Olsen
eivind at aminor.no