Zone transfer problems

michael.wilkinson at twcable.com michael.wilkinson at twcable.com
Thu May 30 01:12:12 UTC 2002

Hi all.

We upgraded a nameserver to BIND 9.2.1 from 8.2.2P5 and we are now
having problems pulling
a forward zone from the master running CNR 5.0.6.

It pulls all the reverse zones automatically but I get the following
error when pulling the forward zone:

[ID xxxx daemon.error] transfer of 'fwdzone/IN' from x.x.x.x #53: failed
while receiving responses: unexpected end of input

What is wierd is if I manually pull it the zone will come over but it
expires after the TTL hits.

# named-xfer -z fwdzone -f db.fwdzone x.x.x.x

Anybody run into problems with BIND actiig as a slave for a CNR master?
Under 8.2.2P5 all was
well.

Thanks

Mike Wilkinson