Allowed transfers?

dbotham at edeltacom.com dbotham at edeltacom.com
Wed May 29 21:58:52 UTC 2002

Post your named.conf file.  I think you have disabled transfers by default.
If that is the case, you must use a zone specific allow-transfer for each
zone.  Hard to say thought, without your named.conf file...

Dave...

                      google at gushi.org
                      (Dan Mahoney)            To:       comp-protocols-dns-bind at isc.org
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      bind-users-bounce        Subject:  Allowed transfers?
                      @isc.org

                      05/29/2002 02:50
                      PM

Hi, this may be a routine question.

But is there any way to simply allow transfers for a zone to any NS
record you've defined?  I know that "all defined ns servers" is the
default for notification, and those should naturally be allowed to
transfer from you, at least by my logic.

I mean, I've had to set the "allow-transfer" field to get my DNS to
play nice at all, but I'd like to be able to do it such that for zone
A, if I had

@ IN  NS  A.bob.com

it would allow transfer for that domain, without me having to put
allow-transfer for a.bob.com's ip in my named.conf.

I guess what I'm having to avoid is in the event of a change of
servers, having to go through everywhere and change ip addresses.