caching only name server and /etc/resolv.conf - new user

Brian O'Gorman Brian.O'Gorman at noaa.gov
Thu May 23 23:56:07 UTC 2002

For a caching only name server, I have set the /etc/named.conf,
/var/named/named.local as follows and  the /var/named/named.ca is as
usual. After I do this and do a /etc/init.d/inetsvc start, do I now have
to change the /etc/resolv.conf  to reflect the nameserver where bind is
running? In this case my ip is 161.55.98.36, so do I have to edit
another UNIX machine's reslov.conf to say nameserver 161.55.98.36?

options {
 directory           "/var/named" ;
 pid-file            "named.pid"  ;
 };