other characters than std.

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Fri May 17 06:15:31 UTC 2002

Lars Pettersson <lasse at humandata.se> wrote:
> could anyone explain howto make bind work with swedish characters like åäö
> i think its called unicode and described in RFC 2044

You cannot.

Expressing national characters in DNS will be done in accordiance with the IDN
working group's suggestion, and the end result will be that dns itself don't
need the ability to store anything but us-ascii.

The folks telling you the opposit ( mr semich et al) is selling snakeoil to you.

--
Peter Håkanson