UNIX v Win2k

Sam Pointer sam.pointer at hpdsoftware.com
Mon May 13 09:46:35 UTC 2002

We run our Linux/BIND nameservers on pieces of old kit (133MHz-200MHz
PCs) rescued from the skip; and they run like a dream and do not
thrash. In that sense we began hosting our own DNS for nothing except
the outlay in time.

Obviously this might not be applicable to your circumstances, but if
you want to justify a 1st time set-up to the suits Linux/BIND I
suspect will work out a great deal cheaper.

Just my 2c worth.