Named CPU skyrockets for ActiveX objects in IE 5.5 browser

JB usenet at joshuabranch.com
Thu May 9 03:29:30 UTC 2002

Interesting...  after I let ActiveX/named(BIND) suck up CPU for about a
minute, I only got one entry in the Application Log:

    query logging is now on

At least now I know where the logging should go.  Unfortunately, this seems
to indicate that named is using up CPU without logging why.  I bumped up
debug level to 3, and refreshed, and still nothing.

In addition to ActiveX objects, I was also able to get it to occur for
ActiveX objects loaded at Dictionary.com.  However, WSJ.com is consistent
100% of the time.  Dictionary.com seems to rotate its advertisements, so you
won't always get ActiveX.