round robin

dbotham at edeltacom.com dbotham at edeltacom.com
Wed May 8 19:22:26 UTC 2002

Armin,

Your server is probably handing out the records in a cycle, however, you
are probably not the only one querying your server.

Dave...

|         |           "Armin Safarians" |
|         |           <armin.safarians at s|
|         |           afeway.com>       |
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           bind-users-bounce@|
|         |           isc.org           |
|         |           05/08/2002 03:14  |
|         |           PM                |
  |       To:       "bind users" <bind-users at isc.org>                                                                            |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  round robin                                                                                                  |

I have a host with three ip's setup to do round robin and according to
the bind book it should work.
1,2,3 - 2,3,1 - 3,2,1..  I'm sure you know how Round Robin works.

Unfortunately my server acts nothing like this. It is as random as it
can be. I have not been able to get a pattern.

Is there anything I'm missing.

Thank you for you help.
AMS :-)

--
*******
What you want to be eventually, you must be every day.

"WorldSecure Server <safeway.com>" made the following
 annotations on 05/08/02 13:13:32

Warning:
All e-mail sent to this address will be received by the Safeway corporate
e-mail system, and is subject to archival and review by someone other than
the recipient.  This e-mail may contain information proprietary to Safeway
and is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s).  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient(s), you are notified
that you have received this message in error and that any review,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately.

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- File: armin.safarians.vcf
-- Desc: Card for Armin Safarians