authoritative records for MX records

Luis Manuel Cova A. lcova at poz.unexpo.edu.ve
Mon May 6 14:17:14 UTC 2002

I Think the problem you have is that you pointed your MX record to a CNAME..
I did a dig sesb.com.my MX an a got the answer you told us about..

But then a did a dig.mail1.sesb.com.my and the answer was that it is a CNAME
for mars.sesb.com.my

Try putting in your nameserver your MX record pointing to mars.sesb.com.my
and if you want leave the CNAME for your personal use..
dig sesb.com.my MX

;; QUERY SECTION:
;;      sesb.com.my, type = MX, class = IN

;; ANSWER SECTION:
sesb.com.my.            1H IN MX        5 mail1.sesb.com.my.

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
sesb.com.my.            1H IN NS        ns1.sesb.com.my.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
ns1.sesb.com.my.        1H IN A         202.188.6.2
[root at luke /root]# dig mail1.sesb.com.my

; <<>> DiG 8.3 <<>> mail1.sesb.com.my
;; QUERY SECTION:
;;      mail1.sesb.com.my, type = A, class = IN

;; ANSWER SECTION:
mail1.sesb.com.my.      1H IN CNAME     mars.sesb.com.my.
mars.sesb.com.my.       1H IN A         202.188.6.5