Conflicting results from different nameservers.

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Mon May 6 01:00:38 UTC 2002

> What does stable glue record mean though?
>
> When I'm querying the nameserver which is authoritive for
> the record.  The nameserver is accurate.  It's the old
> nameservers which are between my box and the authoritive
> nameservers which are incorrect.
>
> Please advise.

	Glue records are address records held by parent nameservers
	to avoid the "catch 22" situation of "you need the address
	of the nameserver to get the address of the nameserver".

	This is what you are supplying when you register a host
	with the parent zone.

	A "stale" glue record is one that is out of date.

	You need to contact your registrar (Network Solutions) and get
	the record updated (if it is still a nameserver) or removed.

	Mark

Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com, .net, and .org domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

   Server Name: WWW.THEWOMANINTHECHILD.COM
   IP Address: 64.35.2.225
   Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.
   Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
   Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com

>>> Last update of whois database: Sun, 5 May 2002 16:48:55 EDT <<<

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .ORG, .EDU domains and
Registrars.

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org