Nameserver domain lookups

Pete Ehlke pde at ehlke.net
Sun May 5 01:58:39 UTC 2002

On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 01:05:38PM +1200, Steve J wrote:

> Is it possible to do a lookup using nslookup or dig and find out the list of
> domains that are in a particular nameserver or all the domains it has
> control over.

The protocol does not provide this facility. The only ways to do it are
to either examine the server's configuration files directly (relatively
easy) or to systematicly query it for every possible legal zone name
(somewhat more difficult and unwieldy...).

--
"religious fanatics are not part of my desired user base."
- djb at cr.yp.to