Queries sometimes denied

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu May 2 19:08:43 UTC 2002

You probably have a global "allow-query" ACL, right?

In older versions of BIND 8, queries that have a class of ANY are
matched against the global ACL instead of the zone-specific ACL (the
reasoning being, apparently, that the zone definition is class-specific,
and thus doesn't match a class=ANY query).

I think they fixed this in a later version of BIND 8.

- Kevin