Dynamic updates from Win2000 DC to Linux DDNS server

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Thu May 2 11:09:42 UTC 2002

Sreeni P wrote:

> I need some expert advice to allow updates to Linux DDNS server
> (running on Redhat 7.2 w/BIND 9.1.3)from win2000 DC (I believe this is
> MS Active directory requirement).

Nope - you can just copy the changes once statically and switch
of dynamic update. Of course it won't recognise changes to
domain controller and such on the fly, but it should fly.

> But, it is quite possible
> Microsoft may have used it's own proprietary standard.

No it is certain they do that - GSS TSIG.

Search the archive, Cricket has done a magazine article that has
been referred a few times, and Microsoft's own website has some
papers on configuring BIND to interoperate.

Otherwise show us your log files for more help :)