Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Wed Mar 6 21:49:49 UTC 2002

	Please use a meaningful subject line in future.

> i a new red hat and bind user, maybe somebody out there can help with my simp
> le problem...

	Which version of red hat?
	Which version of named?

> i having a problem when i run /etc/rc.d/init.d/named reload the errors are:
>
> ndc: error: ctl_client: evConnection(fd 3): Connection refuse
> ndc: error: cannot connect to command (/chroot/named/var/run/ndc)
>
> but when i execute /etc/rc.d/init.d/named restart, i dont have any problem.

	'ndc' is part of BIND 8.  'rndc' is the BIND 9 replacement.

	The control channel will *not* be configured if a error was
	detected when the server started.  Please check your log
	files.  You will need to send the server a HUP signal (kill
	-HUP <pid>) to get it to re-read named.conf once you have
	corrected the errors assuming that you are running a BIND
	8 version of named.

	Mark
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org