changes in name.conf does not reflect in DNS

shrestha shrestha at rocketmail.com
Sun Mar 31 17:45:22 UTC 2002

Dear all DNS experts,

I have changed the file as follows and I still having
problem in linux.There is no ndc command
but there is rndc and I think it takes following
option rndc [-c config] [-s server] [-p port] [-y key]
command rndc -c /var/named/xx.zone
Reloading zone give syntax error however same file is
read by Bind Configuration in window without any
error.
Service is alos restarted as well as serial number is
also incremented but still it gives syntax error.
What could be I'm doing wrong.
I appreciate your help.

Here is the file I made changed.

$TTL 86400
@	IN	SOA	@  root.localhost (
			8 ; serial
			28800 ; refresh
			7200 ; retry
			604800 ; expire
			86400 ; ttl
			)

@	IN	NS	localhost

@	IN	A	127.0.0.1
co	IN	A	192.168.0.4
ko	IN	A	192.168.0.1
no	IN	A	192.168.0.2

## named.conf - configuration for bind
#
#Generated automatically by bindconf, alchemist et al.
controls {
        inet 127.0.0.1 allow { localhost; } keys {
rndckey; };
};

include "/etc/rndc.key";

options {
	directory "/var/named/";
};

zone  "." {
	type hint;
	file  "named.ca";
};

zone  "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa" {
	type master;
	file  "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa.zone";
};
zone  "255.255.255.in-addr.arpa" {
	type master;
	file  "255.255.255.in-addr.arpa.zone";
};

zone  "xx" {
	type master;
	file  "xx.zone";
};

#End

Could you please tell me how I can resolve this
problem.
Thank you in advance.

Shiro