Is it possible to bind named to a specific interface?

Mark Damrose mdamrose at elgin.cc.il.us
Sat Mar 30 21:20:22 UTC 2002

"Pete Ehlke" <pde at rfc822.net> wrote in message
news:a8538t$otp at pub3.rc.vix.com...

> On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 12:34:46PM -0500, Justin Piszcz wrote:
> >
> > Is it possible to bind named to a specific interface for outgoing
> > requests?
> >
> Holding the documentation up to a strong light, we see:
>
> options {
>         query-source [ address ( ip_addr | * ) ] [ port ( ip_port | * ) ;
> };
>
> -Pete

With this option he can force the IP address to be what he wants, but it
will not cause bind to source the packet on a particular interface or ignore
the route table and use the DSL connection when the Satelite is the default
route.

Justin, you may want to use the query-source so that you can tag on that,
but I think you were going the right direction with policy based routing.
The documentation I've seen is pretty confusing, so you may want to check
out comp.os.linux.networking to see if you can find someone who has gotten
it to work.