Ghost IP?

Pete Ehlke pde at ehlke.net
Sat Mar 30 19:20:06 UTC 2002

On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 10:54:57AM +0100, Remco Rijnders <Remco Rijnders wrote:

> [picard:remmy](~)> dig fall.webconquest.com
> ;; ANSWER SECTION:
> fall.webconquest.com.   1d23h33m57s IN A  168.143.173.247
>
> This is not the correct IP address, even though everyone else I've asked to
> look it up get that same IP address.

This is an FAQ. At some point in the past, fall.webconquest.com was
registered as a name server for some domain. The process of doing this
adds a glue record for fall.webconquest.com. to the .com servers. Talk
to your registrar to have that glue record modified or deleted.

-Pete
--
"religious fanatics are not part of my desired user base."
- djb at cr.yp.to