Windows BIND v8.3.1. Utilities

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Thu Mar 28 05:52:11 UTC 2002

At 10:51 AM 3/27/02, TFortier at brasscrafthq.com wrote:

>Is there any way I can control (start,stop,reload,etc) the BIND
>v8.3.1service running on Windows NT from a remote PC running Win2k?   I've
>tried BINDctrl and BINDcmd from a Win2k remote PC but it tells me the
>"BIND service could not be opened"
>
>Tim

BINDCtrl and BINDCmd can only be used on the system running BIND.
They cannot be used for remote control.  There are standard Windows
facilities which allow you to stop and start a service remotely provided you
have the right privileges on the box running BIND for the account under
which you are logged in on the remote system.

         Danny