Problem with authoritative responses.

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Wed Mar 27 22:47:53 UTC 2002

In article <a7tg4k$l9q at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Gustavo Castro Puig  <gcastro at ifxnw.com.uy> wrote:
>	I have a problem, but I'm so tired right now to understand or even
>try another config, and I *really* want to go home today...
>	This is what is in the logs:
>
>Mar 27 19:10:47 zeus named[760]: ns_forw: query(monitor.multired.com.uy)
>contains our address (zeus.multired.com.uy:206.99.52.140) learnt
>(A=206.99.52.190:NS=206.99.52.190)

This means that the delegation of the domain points to zeus, but it doesn't
have the domain loaded.

>	And in the 206.99.52.140's named.conf:
>
>zone "multired.com.uy" {
>	type master;
>        file "multired.com.uy.db";
>        allow-transfer {
>                "secundarios" ;
>        };
>        notify yes;
>};

I'm not sure if you should put "secundarios" in quotes there; try removing
the quotes.

If that doesn't fix it, there's probably a problem with the
multired.com.uy.db file.  Do "ndc reload" and there should be log messages
describing the errors in that file.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA