Logging Question Again

Jeff Grossman jeff at stikman.com
Mon Mar 25 16:26:03 UTC 2002

I have been reading the O'Reilly DNS and Bind book and can't figure out why
my logging is not working.  I have the following in my named.conf file, but
nothing is logged besides the startup line telling me what version is
running.

logging {
        channel default_syslog {
                syslog auth;
                severity info;
        };

        channel default_debug {
                file "named.run";
                severity dynamic;
        };

        category default { default_syslog; default_debug; };
        category lame-servers { null; };
        category config { default_syslog; };
        category notify { default_syslog; };
        category xfer-in { default_syslog; };
        category xfer-out { default_syslog; };
};

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

P.s.  How do I get rid of this line in my messages file:

Mar 25 08:04:51 apple named[15994]: the default for the 'auth-nxdomain'
option i
s now 'no'

I am running Bind 9.1.0-8.
--