Bind 9.1.0-10 and GraniteCanyon as secondary DNS -> Quick Q.

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Sun Mar 24 04:09:37 UTC 2002

At 09:50 PM 3/23/02, Jay L wrote:

>Hi,
>   I have bind 9.1.0 running perfectly as my primary DNS.

Upgrade to something more recent like 9.2.0.

>  Recently, my
>secondaey DNS is no longer online so I needed to find a replacement.
>I chose to test out granitecanyon.com.  I added ns2.granitecanyon.com
>and ns2.granitecanyon.com to my DNS entries in bind.  (This should
>allow transfers and should also enable notification since I have
>"notify yes;" in my named.conf.)  I then filled in the appropriate
>form on GC's site, received the confirmation email and replied to it.
>(I also update my NS records at Network Solutions)  GC replied that
>the changes were accepted and that they would be included in the next
>update.  The exact modifications mentioned in the confirmation email
>were:
>
>my.domain.com. IN SOB ns.domain.com hostmaster.domain.com. (216882666)

No, this was not the exact modifications mentioned in the confirmation email.
You do not own domain.com. Why are you hiding your domain name? Is it
a secret? If so, why are you posting a question here?

>The update has now occurred, but GC is still refuses to act as a
>secondary.  (Use dig on their servers for my domain results in a list
>of root servers being spit out.)  My domain is not listed in the
>"zones rejected by bind" so there is no clear error.  My log file
>shows nothing that would suggest that a zone txfr took place.  Any
>thoughts?  Is there anything obvious that I am doing wrong?  The most
>obvious solution is that GC did not include my domain in the update,
>but I am troubled by this since they indicated that it should have
>been included.  Thanks.
None's going to be able to tell you what's wrong because you didn't tell
us the name of the domain. If you are going to hide the domain name,
then don't post to this group since noone can help you.

         Danny