Suggestion for FAQ improvement

Doug Barton DougB at DougBarton.net
Sun Mar 24 06:32:54 UTC 2002

Nate Campi wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 07:45:33PM -0800, Doug Barton wrote:
> >
> > Michael Kjorling wrote:

> > > In the FAQ answer for the "CNAME and other data" problem
> > > (http://dougbarton.net/bind-users/FAQ.html#CNAME-other), I believe
> > > that it would not be inappropriate to mention that the DNSSEC record
> > > types KEY, NXT and SIG are excluded from the "CNAME and other data"
> > > rule.
> >
> >       I considered that, but IMO DNSSEC is a more advanced topic, and
> > unecessarily confusing for new users.
>
> Compromise suggestion:
>
> For exceptions to this rule which only apply if using the DNSSEC
> extensions, see http://blah/dnssec.html

	Did you read the entry? I didn't say that there was no case where CNAME
couldn't be combined with other RR's... I gave an example of how to fix
the most common newbie error. However, if someone wants to come up with
a URL, I'll look at including it.

Doug
--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?