Installing BIND 9.2.0

Pete Ehlke pde at ehlke.net
Sat Mar 23 00:36:28 UTC 2002

On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 04:09:43PM -0800, BigL wrote:

> It seems to put everything in /usr/local/sbin, which is understandable, but
> I want it to get rid of the named in /usr/sbin (version 8.2.3) or I want to
> make FreeBSD start using this new version of named, how can I do that?  I
> don't think I'm supposed to change anything in rc.conf

Why ever would you think that you shouldn't change rc.conf? It's *there*
for you to change ;)

named_enable="YES"
named_program="/usr/local/sbin/named"
named_flags="-u bind -t /chroot/named"

And while you're at it, be sure to add something like

rand_irqs="9 10 11"

to seed /dev/random

-Pete
--
"religious fanatics are not part of my desired user base."
- djb at cr.yp.to