rndc-confgen: generate key: out of entropy

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Fri Mar 22 17:21:50 UTC 2002

Panagiotis Skoulikaritis <pskoul at egreta.gr> wrote:

> Hello

> I' m new to this list and in using bind in general.

> I had installed bind 8.2.3 on a freebsd 4.2 and it was not working
> corectly,

I seriously doubt this.

Bind 8.2.3 as supplied with FreeBSD 4.2 works - efter a correct
configuration done by the user.

Have you read the manpage(s) and the suppplied named.conf ??

> it could not resolve not authoritative queries unless I used a
> forwarder in the named.conf.  I could not fix this and I installed
> bind 9.2 but when I try to generate the key it gives me the following
> "rndc-confgen: generate key: out of entropy" no idea what to do.

You need to get a seed for random devices,
("rand_irqs=" in rc.conf sould be assigned values )

> If anybody could give me an answer for either of my problems I would
> appreciated

Good luck.

Remember , it's all there in the documentation, have a look in the
freebsd handbook. ( /usr/share/doc/bind )

--
Peter Håkanson
        IPSec  Sverige      (At the Riverside of Gothenburg, home of Volvo)