Ancient history - using a port other than 53 for DNS

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Fri Mar 22 01:43:46 UTC 2002

Install BIND 9 and use views.  Add a private IP address and configure a
view to accept requests only from that old server. Make sure that you
configure it to include a server statement which specifies:
transfer-format one answer;
as the older servers don't understand the default many-answers format.

         Danny