how to see domain on ip address

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Tue Mar 12 18:11:43 UTC 2002

In article <a6lcbj$b4 at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
HERVE SABIAUX <herve.sabiaux at strathom.com> wrote:
>    i have an ip address for numerous domain name (A NAME)..i'am looking for
>a command
>    (nslookup,dig ?)  to see all the domain for one this ip address ?
>
>    any help appreciate,

There's no way to find all the A records that point to an address, except
by exhaustively searching all domains in existence (which you probably
can't do, since many servers have zone transfers restricted).

all the reverse DNS entries for the address, which is as good as you can
do.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA