DNS-Error:Server can't resolve clients hostnames

WebReactor Networks bind at webreactor.net
Sun Mar 10 19:46:25 UTC 2002

I'm a little out of my league here, but I'll take a shot at it anyway.

Is the DHCP server properly informing the DHCP clients of who their DNS
server is?  Also, is the DNS server allowing the DHCP clients to update the
zone in question?

I believe that Win9x cannot do DDNS updates themselves; the DHCP server must
update the DNS for them.  You need to configure DHCP to issue the updates to
the DNS, and configure BIND to accept updates from the DHCP server (which is
localhost, according to your description).

Including your named.conf might help as well.

Hope this helps.  - John R. S.