Bind 8.2.4 - IP Changeover

Dan Brummer dbrummer at smartconnect.net
Tue Jun 25 17:34:02 UTC 2002

Hello all,
    I'm running bind 8.2.4 on two FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE, one running
master zones and the other running slave zones.  The machines control
DNS for 20-30 domains on the same network.  Recently I've had to
renumber out the IP addresses and had to change all the zones.  I've
reregistered the nameservers under different names and with the new IP
addresses.  I still have the old IP addresses binded to the boxes and
I've changed over all the nameservers for the domains, and all the zones
to match the new IP addresses.  The problem I'm running into is that
after a week and a half, most nameservers on the net still resolve to
the old IP addresses and some dns servers resolve to the new IP
addresses.  Is there a quick way to make sure every dns server is using
the current records or am I out of luck?  The TTL on all the zones is
set to 38400.  Thanks in advance for your replies.

Dan Brummer, CCNA certified.
Cisco CCNA# CSCO10431117
Senior Network Engineer
SmartConnect, Inc.