Zone Transfer Prob.

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Thu Jun 20 21:27:03 UTC 2002

    Bill> Ok, now I'm getting somewhere.  I'm starting to receive this
    Bill> error:

    Bill> 20-Jun-2002 15:53:02.967 load: warning: Zone "myzone.com"
    Bill> (file /var/named /sec/db.myzone.com): no SOA RR found

    Bill> I've checked the soa record, and the newsgroups.  I have the
    Bill> spaces before and after the ( ).  Any other ideas?

Since you've not shown *exactly* what's in the zone file, it's hard to
say what's wrong with it other than what the name server has reported:
the zone file has no SOA record. So the file is broken or corrupt in
some way. If your server is a slave (secondary) for myzone.com -- why
didn't you give the actual zone name? -- I suggest you move the old
zone file and reload the server. It should then transfer the zone from
the master (primary) server and write a new copy of the zone file. You
can then compare the old and new versions and that might explain what
was wrong with the old one if you can be bothered to care about that.