DIG won't work

Will Yardley usenet at no.spam.veggiechinese.net
Sat Jun 15 09:40:01 UTC 2002

In article <aeas1m$efvu$1 at isrv4.isc.org>, John Cesta wrote:

> I have dig installed on my win2k server. When I run dig it replies
> with:
>
> res options:  init recurs defnam dnsrch
> res_send to server default -- 0.0.0.0: connection refused

what happens if you dig at a particular server; ie:

 C:\ dig @ns.example.com example.com any
 C:\ dig @127.0.0.1 example.com any

perhaps resolv.conf isn't in the right place?

have you read the documentation that comes with the windows port? i'm
not an expert on BIND for windows, but i do remember that getting DiG
working on win2k took a bit of doing.

--
No copies, please.
To reply privately, simply reply; don't remove anything.