Can Primary & Secondary NS use different version of BIND?

Michael AIG mike_aig at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 14 05:16:14 UTC 2002

Hi,

My primary and secondary name server are using bind 8.2.3 and I want to
upgrade them to the latest version (bind 9.2.1). But since both of them are
live, I intend to upgrade them one by one. My question: is it possible to
use bind 9.2.1 on the secondary while the primary is still using bind 8.2.3?

Since I want to upgrade, is there any incompatibility issues between bind
9.2.1 and bind 8.2.3?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Ivan