looking for a working program to import zone files into a database

Frank Dziuba frank at netlojix.com
Thu Jun 13 23:35:39 UTC 2002

hi,

 I've been having pretty poor luck trying to find a program that would
read the named.conf and then open each zone file and import them
into a database.  Most don't seem to work properly with bind 8 because they
aren't getting the sytax differences right, i.e. ';' was a comment before
and now '//' is a comment.

Is there anything that can correctly parse and store the data in any kind of
db? Ultimately I want to construct my own db manager but of course I have
thousands of existing zone files to parse.

thanks

frank dziuba
frank at netlojix.com