BIND 8.3.1 Question (Converting Slave to Master)

luis.guzman at us.socgen.com luis.guzman at us.socgen.com
Fri Jul 5 12:06:25 UTC 2002

Hello All:

      We're running BIND 8.3.1 on Solaris 8.  Current the server pulls as a
secondary for multiple domains.  What I'd like to do is (if all primaries
were to fail) convert that server as a master for all the domains for which
it pulls as a secondary.  Does anyone have suggestions for the simplest
ways to accomplish this?  Can i somehow configure it to be master for all
(SOA for multiple domains)???  For the conversion to master i see several
tasks so far i will have to perform:

1 - Add the SOA headers to all the secondary Zone files
2 - reload a new named.conf with master entries for the Zone which I've
just converted above

My intention is to automate these tasks via a shell script.  All
suggestions/comments are greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in Advance,

Luis

The information contained herein is confidential and is intended solely
for the addressee(s).  It shall not be construed as a recommendation to
buy or sell any security.  Any unauthorized access, use, reproduction,
disclosure or dissemination is prohibited.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates
shall assume any legal liability or responsibility for any incorrect,
misleading or altered information contained herein.