Everybody Resolves this Domain but Us.

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Sun Jul 21 21:03:58 UTC 2002

Chris Davis <chris.davis at computerjobs.com> wrote:

>>The question should be : "when will admins learn to properly configure
>>their zones ?"

> If the set of admins were constant, this question could be entertained.
> Since the set of admins is in perpetual flux, the answer is unequivocally
> "Never."

This is an error that does not happen with an educated admin that
hat the time and guts to check his/her work.

Letting clueless newbies to unattended and unsuperwized dns
jobs is a reciepe for trouble. Just like letting uneducated
careless newbies drive a schoolbus.

So part of the answer is :"make shure dns admin is done by
folks knowing what they do" ( could be applied to a lot of
tasks in the computing industry).

--
Peter Håkanson