can't open '/dns/etc/named.conf'

David C. Kleinman david at i-ology.com
Wed Jul 17 22:59:24 UTC 2002

Ok,
But my start script (which functions on 2 other slaves running 8.2.3) looks
like this:
#!/bin/sh
# Source function library.
. /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

[ -f /dns/sbin/named ] || exit 0
[ -f /dns/etc/named.conf ] || exit 0

RETVAL=0

# See how we were called.
case "$1" in
  start)
        echo -n "Starting nameserver: "
        echo
        #daemon /dns/sbin/named -u named -g named -t /dns
        daemon /dns/sbin/named -u named -g named
        RETVAL=$?
        ;;

and the binaries are installed (not linked) in both the standard port
locations and the chrooted jail.