MX Record on a wildcard zone

Warrick FitzGerald wfitzgerald at livetechnology.com
Fri Jul 12 13:16:06 UTC 2002

Hi All,

I'm setting up a test lab in which I need to send any .com resolution to get
to a specific web server. - This works great with the setup below.

However I'm trying to add an MX record that resolves any .com mail to
another server 10.10.52.114 in this case. Can someone please tell me why
this simple config below does not work, and how I could achieve this ?

 dig @10.10.52.119 A.com MX

and

 dig @10.10.52.119 B.com MX

Should both resolve to 10.10.52.114 (Where 10.10.52.119 is the address of my
test Bind machine of course).

Thanks
Warrick FitzGerald

[root at TESTLINUX etc]# cat named.conf