reverse DNS

Devon Harding - GTHLA DHarding at gilatla.com
Wed Jul 10 13:39:28 UTC 2002

The 12.x.x file actuallly looks like this:

$TTL    43200
@               IN      SOA     ns1.domain.com.
hostmaster.felix.domain.com. (
                        2002070102 ; serial
                        1H ; refresh
                        15 ; retry
                        14D ; expire
                        12H ; default_ttl
                        )
110             IN      PTR     systems1.domain.com.
65              IN      PTR     netop.domain.com.
12              IN      PTR     vpn.domain.com.
18              IN      PTR     glamon.domain.com.
44              IN      PTR     mail.doamin.com.
47              IN      PTR     mail2.domain.com.
228             IN      PTR     mason2.domain.com.
61              IN      PTR     webmail1.doamin.com.
62              IN      PTR     webmail2.domain.com.
@               IN      NS      ns1.domain.com.
@               IN      NS      ns2.domain.com.

I left a few lines out in the last post.  But the NS records are there.

What's causing it not to connect from 'dig -x x.x.x.x'?

-Devon