problems with notify

dbotham at edeltacom.com dbotham at edeltacom.com
Tue Jul 2 13:05:49 UTC 2002

The error is not stating that the master is not authoritative, it is
stating that it (itself, the slave) is not authoritative.  That is to say,
the zone is not loaded on the slave and therefore is not auhoritative and
cannot accept a Notify for the zone.  Check you named.conf file on the
slave:  do you have a zone statement for the zone?  Check your log file:
does the zone generate any errors at startup?

Dave...

|         |           "Steve-Kai Vyska"|
|         |           <vyska at web.de>   |
|         |           bind-users-bounce|
|         |           @isc.org         |
|         |           07/01/2002 08:03 |
  |       To:       comp-protocols-dns-bind at isc.org                                                                              |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  problems with notify                                                                                         |

Hi,

I have activated notify an both of my bind9 DNS server. As soon as I alter
the zone files on my primary server, the secondary says:

notify failed: not authoritative for notify zone (REFUSED)

although the server, who sends the notify is authoritive for the domain?

Has anyone an Idea, what is wrong?

Steve