BIND - sorting of reverse domain.

Will Yardley &- at no.spam.veggiechinese.net
Wed Jul 10 01:36:00 UTC 2002

In article <agg2lp$7ol1$1 at isrv4.isc.org>, D. Stussy wrote:

> Of course, with the idiots here, I would expect no less than the above
> response - to subscribe to some sort of mailing list (which I assume
> that it is in absence of other statements) without telling me where
> the list is homed.

most of the people i've encountered here are quite knowledgable, and a
number of experts on BIND (as well as many of the BIND developers) hang
out here. calling them 'idiots' is probably not the best way to make
friends and influence people, and will most likely get you in lots of
killfiles (if it hasn't already).

i would definitely think twice (or three times) before questioning mark
andrews, or some of the other people you're arguing with here...

> Also, you are under the opinion that I am posting this to a list
> called "bind-users"?  Again, another wrong assertion, as I am posting
> this to a USENET newsgroup titled "comp.protocols.dns.bind".  My ISP's
> newsserver does not carry any other bind-specific newsgroups.  If my
> posts are being echoed into a mailing list, I have no knowledge of
> such, nor did I "design" my posts to accomodate such.  Again, another
> false assumption and/or statement by you.

the bind-users mailing list is cross-gatewayed (sp?) with
comp.protocols.dns.bind

--
No copies, please.
To reply privately, simply reply; don't remove anything.