rndc reconfig doesn't load new zones ???

Lists User lists at mail.tiggee.com
Thu Jan 31 23:57:40 UTC 2002

Because I believe that is what rndc reload is for.

rndc reconfig was made to only add the new zones into bind
without the processing of all the zones again. Doesn't cause
named to down as long.

Why would you want to rndc reload and rndc reconfig to do
the exact same thing?  That would be a waste of development.

That doesn't make much sense.