named daemon ended silently

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Sun Jan 27 10:32:33 UTC 2002

wangxd <wangxd at hichina.com> wrote:
> hi all,
> I have a nameserver(bind 8.2.3) running at BSD unix system. It ran very well, but sometimes the named daemon ended silently. I can only find some words as follows in log file when it exited. Could you give me some proposal?

> "Jan 16 22:18:04 ns named[209]: accept: Bad address
>  Jan 16 22:18:04 ns last message repeated 1 times"

Sounds like a bug. What BSD are we talking about ?

As 8.2.3 has been replaced by a number of versions, and many outstanding bugs
has been fixed, the action should probably to upgrade. 8.3.0 is current.
See ftp.isc.org for source.

--
Peter Håkanson
        IPSec  Sverige      (At the Riverside of Gothenburg, home of Volvo)