BIND 9.2 and ATT WORLDNET

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Fri Jan 25 09:46:10 UTC 2002

    Richard> I've got bind 9.2 running as a caching only name server
    Richard> (Red Hat 7.1) on my little home network.  It works fine
    Richard> until I implement access control lists to limit access to
    Richard> my network (192.168.32.0/24).  Most internet activity
    Richard> works fine EXCEPT I cannot access my ISP's (WorldNet)
    Richard> home page or my email with the same ISP.  I get browser
    Richard> messages such as 'access forbidden'.  If I disable ACL
    Richard> all works great.  Not a big issue but does anyone have
    Richard> any thoughts?

Well your ACL is obviously broken. But since you haven't explained
what sort of ACL you've set up -- is it in named.conf or in some
router or packet filter? -- or what's in that ACL, it's very hard for
anyone here to debug your problem. If it isn't a BIND ACL that you've
set up, you should ask elsewhere, not on bind-users.