error returned by dnscheck

Joe Kattner joe.kattner at adelphia.com
Thu Jan 24 19:50:33 UTC 2002

It means that you have recursion enabled for anyone to use. Everyone on the
internet can use you're name server to perform queries for domains other
than the ones you are authoritative for.

You'll also want to upgrade as 4.9.7 has security vulnerabilities...

; <<>> DiG 9.2.0 <<>> chaos txt version.bind @ns2.meridia.org
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;version.bind.                  CH      TXT

;; ANSWER SECTION:
VERSION.BIND.           0       CH      TXT     "4.9.7"