@origin

Nate Campi nate at wired.com
Thu Jan 24 15:00:41 UTC 2002

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 06:32:07AM +0000, Ken wrote:
> Hello Joseph,
>
> So if "$ORIGIN" is 'not' specified it's based on the name of the file, not
> the name of the zone from named.conf?

No, Joe said "the zone for which that file is called." The name of the
zone is known from the "zone" directive in named.conf (or whatever your
BIND config file is called).

You have it right, you just misinterpreted what Joe said. The default
origin always starts as the zone name. File names are irrelevant here.

--
Nate Campi | Terra Lycos DNS | WiReD UNIX Operations

One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas
I'll never know.  - Groucho Marx