Stating NS records

Lists User lists at mail.tiggee.com
Mon Jan 21 15:00:52 UTC 2002

Francisco,

> domain.com.    IN    NS    ns1.nameserver.com.
>=20
> Should a
>=20
> ns1.nameserver.com.    IN    A    123.123.123.123
>=20

You should only include the A record if nameserver.com =3D domain.com
The A records for the nameserver.com should be found in it's own zone
file and since it is a nameserver it should be registered as such.

-Steve

DNS Made Easy - Your easy DNS management tool!
Primary and Secondary DNS for free!
http://www.dnsmadeeasy.com